To: All members of the 114th United States Congress
I, the undersigned, a lover of liberty, an American patriot, and defender of the right to bear arms, do hereby implore you, our elected representatives, to protect our Second Amendment rights and stop efforts aimed at "universal background checks."
Recent incidents of heartbreaking gun violence have brought the issue of gun safety into the spotlight. Putting further restrictions on law abiding citizen-gun owners is not the answer.
We have gun laws in place, we need to work hard to enforce existing laws, not create new laws that do nothing to deter criminals and madmen.
The Second Amendment was drafted to protect our First Amendment rights, and according to my First Amendment right to petition, I expect review of this request, and will hold you accountable for your response to it.
Finally, I do hereby pledge to stand with Patriot Voices and conservative patriots nationwide in support of the Second Amendment and against efforts to implement "universal background checks."
Let’s make it clear to President Obama that Americans do care about fighting ISIS and want the United States to do everything it can to stop them and to protect Christians, Yezidis and others being targeted.
We all know that President Obama loves to work with the United Nations, so it is perfect timing to have him ask the U.N. Security Counsel to adopt a resolution calling this genocide. Once that would occur, all sorts of support would be available to stop the genocide, help the victims and the International Criminal Court would try the perpetrators.
Sign our letter to President Obama to call this genocide and recommend that the United Nations adopt a resolution doing the same.929 signatures
Dear President Obama,
In Syria, ISIS recently crucified a dozen Christians, but not before torturing them (including a 12 year old boy) and publicly raping the women. ISIS has announced plans to executive another 180 Christians later this week.
In Iraq, ISIS rounded up all the Yezidis in the village of Sinjar, killed the men and older women, and then sold the women and children to fighters in Iraq and Syria as sex slaves.
A recent article in The New York Times said “Now ISIS is looking to eradicate Christians and other minorities altogether.” They quote the President’s own Ambassador at large for religious freedom David Saperstein, “Everyone has seen the forced conversions, crucifixions and beheadings. To see these communities, primarily Christians, but also the Yezidis and others, persecuted in large numbers is deeply alarming.”
I am writing to ask you to call this genocide and recommend that the United Nations adopt a resolution doing the same.
I want the United States to do everything it can to stop ISIS and to protect Christians, Yezidis and others being targeted.
Please, ask the U.N. Security Counsel to adopt a resolution calling this genocide. Once that occurs, all sorts of support would be available to stop the genocide, help the victims and the International Criminal Court would try the perpetrators.
Speaker Boehner has attempted to punish members of Congress whose votes have not been in line with party leadership.
He stripped Congressman Mark Meadows of his subcommittee chairmanship because Meadows voted against a procedural motion on trade legislation.
Fortunately, people spoke out against the attack on Congressman Meadows and the decision to strip him of the subcommittee chairmanship was reversed. In the words of Congressman Meadows, "The voice of the people still matters. ... It matters to me. It matters to members of Congress and we can't forget that.”
It is time to put a stop to the bullying of conservatives by their own party, because if we don’t speak out loud and clear, it WILL happen again.
Please add your name to our petition and tell Speaker Boehner that Members of Congress should be able to vote in the interest of their constituents and their conscience without the threat of retribution from House leadership.
New EPA Regulations will kill jobs and hike consumer energy bills.
“Hardworking families across this country continue to face an uphill climb as long as President Obama is in the White House. With the announcement that he has put into place job-killing regulations on coal-fired plants, hundreds of thousands of Americans will lose their jobs.” Rick Santorum
I stand with Patriot Voices because:
- These regulations from the EPA are unfair and unnecessary and will cost thousands of workers their jobs and millions more will face higher energy costs.
- Obamacare is a heavy-enough burden for an economy coming out of the worst recession since the great depression.
- With our shrinking economy, we cannot afford even more burdens and roadblocks on businesses that want to be hiring workers.
- This radical proposal to stop “climate change” is part of the elite liberal agenda and is not supported by hardworking Americans across the country.
Enough is enough, President Obama. Stop the war on jobs and stop hurting American families.
Will you join us and go 'toe-to-toe' against Texas State Senator Wendy Davis and anyone else who supports abortion at any time and for any reason?
If so, sign below!
By signing this petition, you commit to the following:
- - Yes! I will go #toe2toe4life against Wendy Davis and anyone else to save an innocent life.
- - Yes! I #StandWithLife in support of Texas Senate Bill 5 (#SB5) which bans abortions after 20 weeks.
- - Yes! I #StandWithLife and agree it was reprehensible for the President of the United States to send a ‘shout-out’ to Texas State Senator Wendy Davis for her 11-hour filibuster in support of abortion on demand at any stage and for any reason.
- - Yes! I #StandWithLife by applauding Governor Rick Perry for calling the Texas Senate back into a special session so that the Senate body can vote their support for and pass #SB5, a landmark piece of pro-life legislation.
- - Yes! I #StandWithLife because I agree that these precious baby shoes, shown going ‘toe-to-toe’ with Wendy Davis’ filibuster shoes, remind us that we must stand for those who can't stand for themselves!
[To show support for those in Texas who are fighting for life, these petition signatures will be delivered to Governor Rick Perry]