- The IRS has proposed harmful regulations that will silence the voice of conservatives across the country and curtail the activities of 501(C)4 organizations just like ours!
- If these regulations are allowed to go into effect, they will categorize the following important community activities as "political": voter registration, candidate forums and debates, voter guides, voting records of incumbents and even public statements by officers or leaders of the organization.
- This is a violation of our First Amendment rights under the Constitution and an example of the extreme lengths that the Obama Administration will go to quiet the opposition.
- DEADLINE: We have until February 27th to comment on these regulations and demand a public hearing!
- Take 3 minutes right now and visit this regulation comment page to express your view. Here is a sample comment you can cut and paste:
Please do not approve these proposed regulations which will impact my ability to express my First Amendment rights under the Constitution. The IRS is not a political entity, yet these regulations are politically motivated in an attempt to silence conservative voices. I ask that you do NOT approve these misguided regulations. I also request a public hearing on this proposed regulation.
- Contact your U.S. Senators and Representatives and tell them you're concerned!
- Add your name below to let us know that you plan to take action!
- Spread the word to every conservative you know! Sample posts for Twitter and Facebook:
TWITTER: Don't let IRS silence your conservative voice! Join @patriot_voices & @RickSantorum in this fight! Deadline: Feb 27 http://ptrtvoic.es/1hlH4UO
FACEBOOK: Don't let the IRS silence your conservative voice! Join Patriot Voices and Rick Santorum in the fight to stop the IRS from imposing harmful regulations against conservative organizations. http://ptrtvoic.es/1hlH4UO
National Petition for a Balanced Budget Amendment
Sponsored by Patriot Voices
To: All members of the 114th United States Congress
I, the undersigned, a lover of liberty, an American patriot, and a concerned citizen, do hereby implore you, our elected representatives, to immediately introduce, vote on, and pass a 28th amendment to the United States Constitution mandating a balanced budget.
A Balanced Budget Amendment would require by law that the federal government not spend more than it takes in and would ultimately cap federal spending at 18% of gross domestic product (GDP).
Because our country can't afford to continue down this unsustainable fiscal course any longer, I urge you to pass this Balanced Budget Amendment before completing the federal budget for the coming fiscal year.
According to my First Amendment right to petition, I expect full compliance with this request, and will hold you accountable and responsible for fulfilling it.
Finally, I do hereby pledge to stand with Rick Santorum, Patriot Voices, and conservative patriots nationwide in support of fiscal sanity, accountability, and a balanced budget.
Senator Chuck Hagel is the wrong choice for Secretary of Defense because his confirmation would send a dangerous signal to Iran and other radical Islamic elements which would make our country and our allies less secure. Not only did Senator Hagel tip off the Iranians that he would not use strength to prevent them from obtaining nuclear weapons, he disrespects our strongest ally in the middle east, Israel. Time after time, Sen. Hagel has sought to distance the United States from Israel and refused to support efforts to end terrorist attacks on Israel.
Chuck Hagel’s anti-Israel, pro-Iran mindset makes him uniquely unqualified to serve as our Defense Secretary.
Add your voice to Patriot Voices' fight to stop Chuck Hagel’s nomination as Secretary of Defense using the short form below.
UPDATE: We’ve learned that Chuck Hagel’s confirmation hearing is set for January 31st. Please take three minutes to call or email your senators now and tell them to vote "no" on this nomination. Find your senators at this link.
UPDATE #2: The Senate Armed Services Committee announced that they are postponing the vote on Chuck Hagel's nomination to be Secretary of Defense. This is because of your calls, emails and overall opposition to Senator Hagel! Let’s keep the pressure on! Here are three easy ways to take action:
• Go to notochuck.com to send an email to your senators
• Call the capitol switchboard and ask to speak to your senators: 202-224-3121
UPDATE #3: Sen. Harry Reid has scheduled the confirmation vote for Friday, February 15th. A 60 vote threshold is required. Keep calling and emailing!