Will you join us and go 'toe-to-toe' against Texas State Senator Wendy Davis and anyone else who supports abortion at any time and for any reason?
If so, sign below!
By signing this petition, you commit to the following:
- - Yes! I will go #toe2toe4life against Wendy Davis and anyone else to save an innocent life.
- - Yes! I #StandWithLife in support of Texas Senate Bill 5 (#SB5) which bans abortions after 20 weeks.
- - Yes! I #StandWithLife and agree it was reprehensible for the President of the United States to send a ‘shout-out’ to Texas State Senator Wendy Davis for her 11-hour filibuster in support of abortion on demand at any stage and for any reason.
- - Yes! I #StandWithLife by applauding Governor Rick Perry for calling the Texas Senate back into a special session so that the Senate body can vote their support for and pass #SB5, a landmark piece of pro-life legislation.
- - Yes! I #StandWithLife because I agree that these precious baby shoes, shown going ‘toe-to-toe’ with Wendy Davis’ filibuster shoes, remind us that we must stand for those who can't stand for themselves!
[To show support for those in Texas who are fighting for life, these petition signatures will be delivered to Governor Rick Perry]
To: All members of the 114th United States Congress
I, the undersigned, a lover of liberty, an American patriot, and defender of the right to bear arms, do hereby implore you, our elected representatives, to protect our Second Amendment rights and stop efforts aimed at "universal background checks."
Recent incidents of heartbreaking gun violence have brought the issue of gun safety into the spotlight. Putting further restrictions on law abiding citizen-gun owners is not the answer.
We have gun laws in place, we need to work hard to enforce existing laws, not create new laws that do nothing to deter criminals and madmen.
The Second Amendment was drafted to protect our First Amendment rights, and according to my First Amendment right to petition, I expect review of this request, and will hold you accountable for your response to it.
Finally, I do hereby pledge to stand with Patriot Voices and conservative patriots nationwide in support of the Second Amendment and against efforts to implement "universal background checks."
The “No Budget, No Pay Act” would require members of Congress to forgo pay for every day after October 1 that they don’t adopt a budget and pass all of its spending bills. Once members approved a spending plan and appropriated the money, they would start receiving paychecks again but couldn’t collect any retroactive pay. The premise is simple: don’t do your job and you don’t get paid.
Sounds logical enough. When you are in the private sector, if you don’t do your job, you don’t get paid or worse you get fired. We should expect the same from our elected officials.
Remarkably, Congress hasn’t passed a budget since 2009. The United States faces its most serious financial crisis and Senate Democrats could not be bothered to write a budget because budgets force people to make choices. This has to change.
In the longer term, we need a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution so the federal government has to balance its budget like our states do. And in the short term, we need a new law to start the process of fiscal reform today. The “No Budget, No Pay Act” is a good start.
Sign the petition below to support the “No Budget, No Pay Act.” You can also obtain contact information for your Senator and Member of Congress. Please call or email them and tell them to vote for the “No Budget, No Pay Act” (S. 1981 and H.R. 3643). You can access a sample letter here that you can cut, paste, add your own personalization and then email to your Member of Congress and Senator.
Americans develop a budget within their household. We should be able to rely on our lawmakers to do the same for our nation. This is a core constitutional and job responsibility.