Speaker Boehner has attempted to punish members of Congress whose votes have not been in line with party leadership.
He stripped Congressman Mark Meadows of his subcommittee chairmanship because Meadows voted against a procedural motion on trade legislation.
Fortunately, people spoke out against the attack on Congressman Meadows and the decision to strip him of the subcommittee chairmanship was reversed. In the words of Congressman Meadows, "The voice of the people still matters. ... It matters to me. It matters to members of Congress and we can't forget that.”
It is time to put a stop to the bullying of conservatives by their own party, because if we don’t speak out loud and clear, it WILL happen again.
Please add your name to our petition and tell Speaker Boehner that Members of Congress should be able to vote in the interest of their constituents and their conscience without the threat of retribution from House leadership.
Will you join us and go 'toe-to-toe' against Texas State Senator Wendy Davis and anyone else who supports abortion at any time and for any reason?
If so, sign below!
By signing this petition, you commit to the following:
- - Yes! I will go #toe2toe4life against Wendy Davis and anyone else to save an innocent life.
- - Yes! I #StandWithLife in support of Texas Senate Bill 5 (#SB5) which bans abortions after 20 weeks.
- - Yes! I #StandWithLife and agree it was reprehensible for the President of the United States to send a ‘shout-out’ to Texas State Senator Wendy Davis for her 11-hour filibuster in support of abortion on demand at any stage and for any reason.
- - Yes! I #StandWithLife by applauding Governor Rick Perry for calling the Texas Senate back into a special session so that the Senate body can vote their support for and pass #SB5, a landmark piece of pro-life legislation.
- - Yes! I #StandWithLife because I agree that these precious baby shoes, shown going ‘toe-to-toe’ with Wendy Davis’ filibuster shoes, remind us that we must stand for those who can't stand for themselves!
[To show support for those in Texas who are fighting for life, these petition signatures will be delivered to Governor Rick Perry]