To: All members of the 114th United States Congress
I, the undersigned, a lover of liberty, an American patriot, and defender of the right to bear arms, do hereby implore you, our elected representatives, to protect our Second Amendment rights and stop efforts aimed at "universal background checks."
Recent incidents of heartbreaking gun violence have brought the issue of gun safety into the spotlight. Putting further restrictions on law abiding citizen-gun owners is not the answer.
We have gun laws in place, we need to work hard to enforce existing laws, not create new laws that do nothing to deter criminals and madmen.
The Second Amendment was drafted to protect our First Amendment rights, and according to my First Amendment right to petition, I expect review of this request, and will hold you accountable for your response to it.
Finally, I do hereby pledge to stand with Patriot Voices and conservative patriots nationwide in support of the Second Amendment and against efforts to implement "universal background checks."
In 1 Thessalonians 5:17, God commands us to: Pray without ceasing.
Join others who are praying for our country and our leaders,
Rick and Karen Santorum, their family, staff and advisers.
Prayer team members:
will receive a weekly email update with prayer requests
are encouraged to join our Prayer Team Facebook group
are invited to join a monthly prayer team conference call
For more info, please contact prayer coordinators, Maria and Sherri, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We know the First Amendment says:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
- We know that the First Amendment is one of our most precious rights as Americans, and we won’t allow it to be trampled upon.
- We believe that the efforts by the City of Houston to subpoena materials from pastors across the city is a violation of that right.
- We stand with these pastors and not just because of religious reasons. We believe that regardless of one’s religious or political views, this kind of activity by any government in this country is extremely alarming and must be stopped.
- We believe that the constant drumbeat to weaken our First Amendment is real, and we will stand with Republicans and Democrats to stop it.
Add your name below if you stand with Patriot Voices on this critical issue!
Patriot Voices needs your help! If you are interested in volunteering with our organization, please complete the form below and a member of our staff will be in touch with you shortly. Thank you for adding your voice!