Our country’s education system is not working. Even those who created Common Core agree that our public education system is flawed, but the problem is that Common Core advocates decided the answer was more government control and intervention. They got it so wrong.
More government control and intervention will not help our children gain a better education.
- The federal government should not be involved in creating standards that are implemented by our states. Instead, parents, teachers, school districts and local communities should be making these important decisions for our children.
- Our children need to finish school with both the values and the knowledge to work hard, serve their community and prosper. Those ideals won’t come from the federal government, Common Core, No Child Left Behind, or even from standards being set at the state level. This will happen when parents have control over the education of their children.
- With Common Core we see a loss of parental and local control, the waste of millions of dollars, a move towards a nationalized curriculum, and pre-k through college data mining.
- We need a broad movement to put parents back in charge of the educational system, and fighting Common Core and other top-down education reforms is a good start in the right direction.
If you agree that Common Core is wrong for our kids, wrong for our schools and wrong for our country, then add your name below.
Let's fight for parental control in education!
To learn more about Common Core, here are some excellent resources:
- Home School Legal Defense Association Common Core Frequently Asked Questions
- Heritage Foundation Common Core National Standards and Tests: Empty Promises and Increased Federal Overreach into Education