Our country’s education system is not working. Even those who created Common Core agree that our public education system is flawed, but the problem is that Common Core advocates decided the answer was more government control and intervention. They got it so wrong.
More government control and intervention will not help our children gain a better education.
- The federal government should not be involved in creating standards that are implemented by our states. Instead, parents, teachers, school districts and local communities should be making these important decisions for our children.
- Our children need to finish school with both the values and the knowledge to work hard, serve their community and prosper. Those ideals won’t come from the federal government, Common Core, No Child Left Behind, or even from standards being set at the state level. This will happen when parents who have control over the education of their children.
- With Common Core we see a loss of parental and local control, the waste of millions of dollars, a move towards a nationalized curriculum, and pre-K through college data mining.
- We need a broad movement to put parents back in charge of the educational system and fighting Common Core and other top-down education reforms is a good start in the right direction.
If you agree that Common Core is wrong for our kids, wrong for our schools and wrong for our country then add your name below.
Let's fight for parental control in education!
To learn more about Common Core, here are some excellent resources:
- Home School Legal Defense Association Common Core Frequently Asked Questions:
- Heritage Foundation Common Core National Standards and Tests: Empty Promises and Increased Federal Overreach into Education
Will you join us and go 'toe-to-toe' against Texas State Senator Wendy Davis and anyone else who supports abortion at any time and for any reason?
If so, sign below!
By signing this petition, you commit to the following:
- - Yes! I will go #toe2toe4life against Wendy Davis and anyone else to save an innocent life.
- - Yes! I #StandWithLife in support of Texas Senate Bill 5 (#SB5) which bans abortions after 20 weeks.
- - Yes! I #StandWithLife and agree it was reprehensible for the President of the United States to send a ‘shout-out’ to Texas State Senator Wendy Davis for her 11-hour filibuster in support of abortion on demand at any stage and for any reason.
- - Yes! I #StandWithLife by applauding Governor Rick Perry for calling the Texas Senate back into a special session so that the Senate body can vote their support for and pass #SB5, a landmark piece of pro-life legislation.
- - Yes! I #StandWithLife because I agree that these precious baby shoes, shown going ‘toe-to-toe’ with Wendy Davis’ filibuster shoes, remind us that we must stand for those who can't stand for themselves!
[To show support for those in Texas who are fighting for life, these petition signatures will be delivered to Governor Rick Perry]
***UPDATE - JULY 17, 2014***
CRPD is back. The Senate Foreign Relations Committee has announced it will hold a hearing on CRPD on July 22nd at 10 AM ET.
The United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) threatens U.S. sovereignty and parental rights. This treaty, if ratified, would effectively put us under international law when it comes to parenting our special needs children. While CRPD may, on the surface, appear to protect those with disabilities, it actually gives the government the power, with direction from the U.N., to decide what is best for our children.
That is wrong and not something we should see in the United States of America.
There are two provisions in this treaty that are most concerning:
- One treaty provision would give the government, acting under U.N. instructions, the ability to determine for all children with disabilities what is best for them.
- If CRPD were ratified, it would give the U.N. discretion over decisions about how we educate our special needs kids and could potentially eliminate parental rights for the education of children with disabilities.
Patriot Voices is putting the pressure on now to ensure the U.S. Senate does not pass this dangerous treaty.
Please take action with us!
- Stand with us by adding your name below to help ensure CRPD is not ratified.
- Contact your U.S. Senators and ask them to oppose CRPD.
- Contact members of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations and ask them vote NO on CRPD.
- Read and share this article written by Rick Santorum about CRPD.
- Watch Rick Santorum, Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) and Michael Farris (Home School Legal Defense Association) voice opposition at a recent press conference on Capitol Hill.
- Send this customizable email to friends and family.
- Send a letter to the editor to spread awareness.