Rick Santorum shares his Vision for America in his new book, Blue Collar Conservatives. Are these statements ones that you believe too? If so, add your name below and share with your friends and family!
We believe in liberty and equal opportunity for all.
We believe our leaders should represent 100 percent of Americans and not make targets of the wealthy or victims of the poor.
We believe in economic opportunity, which creates social mobility. We don’t believe in economic classes.
We believe that limited government can help create an environment for all people to prosper morally and economically, thanks to the security provided by rule of law and balance of powers.
We believe that virtue and civil society are the pillars of freedom.
We believe that respecting and honoring faith and family is the foundation for freedom.
We believe that we are our brother’s keeper.
We believe in a safety net for people who are struggling, but don’t define compassion by government largesse.
We believe compassion is helping another in need.
We believe caring should be local, not federal, whenever possible, and temporary, not permanent, or it becomes something that holds people down instead of lifting them up.
We believe in upward mobility, not dependency.
We believe that all human beings are created in the image of God and that all life has dignity.
We believe that life begins at conception.
We believe in justice and fairness. We oppose corruption, cronyism, oppression, and injustice.
We believe that work and the ability to provide for one’s family through a job is a source of human dignity. We don’t look down on any job.
We believe that every job is a rung on the ladder of opportunity.
We believe in legal immigration. America was built by immigrants and is a beacon to the world for a reason.
We believe that America can and must become energy independent.
We believe that our country can regain our global leadership as a manufacturer.
We believe that creativity is key, and that Americans are the most ingenious, resourceful people on earth.
We believe that elections matter.
We believe that people matter and that policies matter. Some policies make it harder to prosper in America, and some policies promote freedom and opportunity and give people a better shot at fulfilling the American Dream. We need to raise our voices and work together so that our policies work for America.
We believe that a healthy family is necessary for a flourishing society.
We believe that family is the foundation, the first economy, not something to be tinkered with or redefined by government.
We believe that parents, not government, know what’s best for children.
We believe that faith communities know the best way to practice their faith, and the government should not interfere.
We believe that our foundational freedom is religious freedom and freedom of conscience.
We believe that entrepreneurs, not government, know how to start businesses and create jobs.
We believe that doctors, not government, know what’s best for patients.
We believe that hardworking taxpayers, not government, know the value of money and how to invest in their future.
We believe that parents and teachers, not government or teachers’ unions, know the unique learning needs of children.
New EPA Regulations will kill jobs and hike consumer energy bills.
“Hardworking families across this country continue to face an uphill climb as long as President Obama is in the White House. With the announcement that he has put into place job-killing regulations on coal-fired plants, hundreds of thousands of Americans will lose their jobs.” Rick Santorum
I stand with Patriot Voices because:
- These regulations from the EPA are unfair and unnecessary and will cost thousands of workers their jobs and millions more will face higher energy costs.
- Obamacare is a heavy-enough burden for an economy coming out of the worst recession since the great depression.
- With our shrinking economy, we cannot afford even more burdens and roadblocks on businesses that want to be hiring workers.
- This radical proposal to stop “climate change” is part of the elite liberal agenda and is not supported by hardworking Americans across the country.
Enough is enough, President Obama. Stop the war on jobs and stop hurting American families.
There’s nothing like April 15 to remind Americans that we’re overtaxed and underpaid, and President Obama and the Congressional Democrats are hard at work to make sure it stays that way.
Let’s change our tax code and get our economy prospering again with these concrete changes:
**We should start with abolishing the federal tax code, a disgraceful mix of needless complexity and perverse incentives, and start over. We need a new system for the 21st century that is simple, logical and fair. It should promote behavior that builds strong families, businesses, and communities.
**We should eliminate the seven different income taxes rates and have just one or two low rates that let people keep more of what they earn and reward saving and investing.
**Our corporate tax system is as dysfunctional as the individual income tax. U.S. corporate tax rates are the highest in the industrial world, so U.S. companies keep billions of dollars parked overseas. Repatriating foreign income at a 5 percent rate rather than the current 35 percent would bring that capital home to be invested in America.
**We should cut the corporate tax rate for domestic manufacturers from 35 percent to zero. Eliminating the corporate tax on manufacturers would give U.S. workers a level playing field in the international competition for jobs without the self-defeating drawbacks of protectionism.
**We should eliminate the marriage penalty from the tax code. Marriage is a critical factor in rising out of poverty, so we should also establish more tax benefits for married couples.
**Congress should double the tax credit for children from $3,000 to $6,000 per child. Doing so would put hardworking families back on a par, in terms of federal taxes, with their grandparents when they were having all those kids in the 1950s.
If you agree that Americans are overtaxed and underpaid, sign our petition here, and tell the President and Congress that enough is enough!
Our country’s education system is not working. Even those who created Common Core agree that our public education system is flawed, but the problem is that Common Core advocates decided the answer was more government control and intervention. They got it so wrong.
More government control and intervention will not help our children gain a better education.
- The federal government should not be involved in creating standards that are implemented by our states. Instead, parents, teachers, school districts and local communities should be making these important decisions for our children.
- Our children need to finish school with both the values and the knowledge to work hard, serve their community and prosper. Those ideals won’t come from the federal government, Common Core, No Child Left Behind, or even from standards being set at the state level. This will happen when parents who have control over the education of their children.
- With Common Core we see a loss of parental and local control, the waste of millions of dollars, a move towards a nationalized curriculum, and pre-K through college data mining.
- We need a broad movement to put parents back in charge of the educational system and fighting Common Core and other top-down education reforms is a good start in the right direction.
If you agree that Common Core is wrong for our kids, wrong for our schools and wrong for our country then add your name below.
Let's fight for parental control in education!
To learn more about Common Core, here are some excellent resources:
- Home School Legal Defense Association Common Core Frequently Asked Questions:
- Heritage Foundation Common Core National Standards and Tests: Empty Promises and Increased Federal Overreach into Education
- The IRS has proposed harmful regulations that will silence the voice of conservatives across the country and curtail the activities of 501(C)4 organizations just like ours!
- If these regulations are allowed to go into effect, they will categorize the following important community activities as "political": voter registration, candidate forums and debates, voter guides, voting records of incumbents and even public statements by officers or leaders of the organization.
- This is a violation of our First Amendment rights under the Constitution and an example of the extreme lengths that the Obama Administration will go to quiet the opposition.
- DEADLINE: We have until February 27th to comment on these regulations and demand a public hearing!
- Take 3 minutes right now and visit this regulation comment page to express your view. Here is a sample comment you can cut and paste:
Please do not approve these proposed regulations which will impact my ability to express my First Amendment rights under the Constitution. The IRS is not a political entity, yet these regulations are politically motivated in an attempt to silence conservative voices. I ask that you do NOT approve these misguided regulations. I also request a public hearing on this proposed regulation.
- Contact your U.S. Senators and Representatives and tell them you're concerned!
- Add your name below to let us know that you plan to take action!
- Spread the word to every conservative you know! Sample posts for Twitter and Facebook:
TWITTER: Don't let IRS silence your conservative voice! Join @patriot_voices & @RickSantorum in this fight! Deadline: Feb 27 http://ptrtvoic.es/1hlH4UO
FACEBOOK: Don't let the IRS silence your conservative voice! Join Patriot Voices and Rick Santorum in the fight to stop the IRS from imposing harmful regulations against conservative organizations. http://ptrtvoic.es/1hlH4UO
Patriot Voices is building a network of America’s conservative grassroots and we need you! You can be the starting point for Patriot Voices in your local community, a connection between local members and our state and national leadership. Local chapter leaders are asked to recruit others and be ready to activate, engage and support endorsed candidates, projects and activities.
If you would like to start or be part of a local chapter, please email email@example.com and we will be in touch. Now is the time to get involved!
ALABAMA STATE CHAIR
Kenny Dean is proud to call Alabama home. He and his wife Leah are blessed with two children. Kenny is the founder of Southern Wealth Management, LLC and co-founder of Blue Sky Advertising, Inc. He is an Auburn University graduate. Kenny is an active member of the Alabama Republican Party and has served on the Montgomery County Executive Committee. He has been a political consultant for numerous statewide campaigns, and has worked in Washington, D.C. on former U.S. Congressman Bob Riley’s staff. He was an Alabama State Chair for Rick Santorum for President campaign in 2011-2012 and was elected as a Rick Santorum delegate for the 2012 Republican National Convention. He is also a strong advocate for Alzheimer’s research and coordinates an annual fundraiser for the Alzheimer’s Foundation.