There’s nothing like April 15 to remind Americans that we’re overtaxed and underpaid, and President Obama and the Congressional Democrats are hard at work to make sure it stays that way.
Let’s change our tax code and get our economy prospering again with these concrete changes:
**We should start with abolishing the federal tax code, a disgraceful mix of needless complexity and perverse incentives, and start over. We need a new system for the 21st century that is simple, logical and fair. It should promote behavior that builds strong families, businesses, and communities.
**We should eliminate the seven different income taxes rates and have just one or two low rates that let people keep more of what they earn and reward saving and investing.
**Our corporate tax system is as dysfunctional as the individual income tax. U.S. corporate tax rates are the highest in the industrial world, so U.S. companies keep billions of dollars parked overseas. Repatriating foreign income at a 5 percent rate rather than the current 35 percent would bring that capital home to be invested in America.
**We should cut the corporate tax rate for domestic manufacturers from 35 percent to zero. Eliminating the corporate tax on manufacturers would give U.S. workers a level playing field in the international competition for jobs without the self-defeating drawbacks of protectionism.
**We should eliminate the marriage penalty from the tax code. Marriage is a critical factor in rising out of poverty, so we should also establish more tax benefits for married couples.
**Congress should double the tax credit for children from $3,000 to $6,000 per child. Doing so would put hardworking families back on a par, in terms of federal taxes, with their grandparents when they were having all those kids in the 1950s.
If you agree that Americans are overtaxed and underpaid, sign our petition here, and tell the President and Congress that enough is enough!
Our country’s education system is not working. Even those who created Common Core agree that our public education system is flawed, but the problem is that Common Core advocates decided the answer was more government control and intervention. They got it so wrong.
More government control and intervention will not help our children gain a better education.
- The federal government should not be involved in creating standards that are implemented by our states. Instead, parents, teachers, school districts and local communities should be making these important decisions for our children.
- Our children need to finish school with both the values and the knowledge to work hard, serve their community and prosper. Those ideals won’t come from the federal government, Common Core, No Child Left Behind, or even from standards being set at the state level. This will happen when parents who have control over the education of their children.
- With Common Core we see a loss of parental and local control, the waste of millions of dollars, a move towards a nationalized curriculum, and pre-K through college data mining.
- We need a broad movement to put parents back in charge of the educational system and fighting Common Core and other top-down education reforms is a good start in the right direction.
If you agree that Common Core is wrong for our kids, wrong for our schools and wrong for our country then add your name below.
Let's fight for parental control in education!
To learn more about Common Core, here are some excellent resources:
- Home School Legal Defense Association Common Core Frequently Asked Questions:
- Heritage Foundation Common Core National Standards and Tests: Empty Promises and Increased Federal Overreach into Education
- The IRS has proposed harmful regulations that will silence the voice of conservatives across the country and curtail the activities of 501(C)4 organizations just like ours!
- If these regulations are allowed to go into effect, they will categorize the following important community activities as "political": voter registration, candidate forums and debates, voter guides, voting records of incumbents and even public statements by officers or leaders of the organization.
- This is a violation of our First Amendment rights under the Constitution and an example of the extreme lengths that the Obama Administration will go to quiet the opposition.
- DEADLINE: We have until February 27th to comment on these regulations and demand a public hearing!
- Take 3 minutes right now and visit this regulation comment page to express your view. Here is a sample comment you can cut and paste:
Please do not approve these proposed regulations which will impact my ability to express my First Amendment rights under the Constitution. The IRS is not a political entity, yet these regulations are politically motivated in an attempt to silence conservative voices. I ask that you do NOT approve these misguided regulations. I also request a public hearing on this proposed regulation.
- Contact your U.S. Senators and Representatives and tell them you're concerned!
- Add your name below to let us know that you plan to take action!
- Spread the word to every conservative you know! Sample posts for Twitter and Facebook:
TWITTER: Don't let IRS silence your conservative voice! Join @patriot_voices & @RickSantorum in this fight! Deadline: Feb 27 http://ptrtvoic.es/1hlH4UO
FACEBOOK: Don't let the IRS silence your conservative voice! Join Patriot Voices and Rick Santorum in the fight to stop the IRS from imposing harmful regulations against conservative organizations. http://ptrtvoic.es/1hlH4UO
Patriot Voices is building a network of America’s conservative grassroots and we need you! You can be the starting point for Patriot Voices in your local community, a connection between local members and our state and national leadership. Local chapter leaders are asked to recruit others and be ready to activate, engage and support endorsed candidates, projects and activities.
If you would like to start or be part of a local chapter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch. Now is the time to get involved!
ALABAMA STATE CHAIR
Kenny Dean is proud to call Alabama home. He and his wife Leah are blessed with two children. Kenny is the founder of Southern Wealth Management, LLC and co-founder of Blue Sky Advertising, Inc. He is an Auburn University graduate. Kenny is an active member of the Alabama Republican Party and has served on the Montgomery County Executive Committee. He has been a political consultant for numerous statewide campaigns, and has worked in Washington, D.C. on former U.S. Congressman Bob Riley’s staff. He was an Alabama State Chair for Rick Santorum for President campaign in 2011-2012 and was elected as a Rick Santorum delegate for the 2012 Republican National Convention. He is also a strong advocate for Alzheimer’s research and coordinates an annual fundraiser for the Alzheimer’s Foundation.
Join the Santorum Family for the March for Life in Washington, DC on January 22, 2014!
Contest update: Terri from Atlanta, Georgia is our winner!
At Patriot Voices, we believe that every life has value and deserves protection! The annual March for Life is an important opportunity to send a message to our elected officials that we expect them to support policies which foster a culture of life.
Sign-up below so we can keep you updated as our plans develop.
The First Amendments says, in part: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof…
Yet, in recent years we’ve seen an erosion of our religious freedoms, especially at Christmastime.
And now, we find that those who serve in our armed services, who fight to protect our freedoms, are battling a war of their own…a battle for their religious freedom.
We think it’s time to take a stand for the religious freedom granted to each of us by the U.S. Constitution. Join us by signing the petition below and sharing with your friends, family and fellow church members.
TO: PRESIDENT OBAMA AND U.S. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE:
--Our Constitution protects the free exercise of religion and no government entity or official has the right to limit that.
--Christmas is about the birth of Jesus Christ, and the Constitution grants individuals the freedom to celebrate that.
--A nativity scene is a symbol of Christmas and shouldn’t be altered to conform to other religions celebrating holidays at this time of year.
--The Constitution gives all religions the freedom to observe holidays, including the same right to have holiday displays which celebrate their faith.
--Each of us, regardless of our religion, has a responsibility to stand up and fight efforts to limit this important first freedom.
I expect you to honor and respect the right of free exercise of religion for ALL Americans, including and especially those who serve in our Armed Services.
Join our Strikeforce and help Ken Cuccinelli become the next Governor of Virginia!
We're going door-to-door and doing sign waves November 1-3 to get Republican voters to the polls!
Sign up below and we'll be in touch soon to add you to the Strikeforce team and answer your questions.